" .. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves .. "
“ .. Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it .. ”
In my article "The Prince of Wales and his Headless Chickens" I commented on reports that he branded climate change deniers the "headless chicken brigade" (http://globalpoliticalshenanigans.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/the-prince-of-wales-and-his-headless.html).
Prince Charles is quoted as offering the following pearls of wisdom to his audience:
1) " .. It is baffling .. that in our modern world we have such blind trust in science and technology that we all accept what science tells us about everything - until, that is, it comes to climate science .. "
2) " .. with a barrage of sheer intimidation, we are told by powerful groups of deniers that the scientists are wrong .. "
3) " .. we are told ... we must abandon all our faith in so much overwhelming scientific evidence .. "
4) " .. we have spent the best part of the past century enthusiastically testing the world to utter destruction .. ".
5) " .. So, thank goodness for our young entrepreneurs here, who have the far-sightedness and confidence in what they know is happening to ignore the headless chicken brigade .. ".
On 22nd November 2015 meteorologist Anthony Watts posted an article focussing on Prince Charles's more recent ludicrous claim that " .. there’s very good evidence indeed that one of the major reasons for this horror in Syria, funnily enough was a drought .. we never deal with the underlying root cause which regrettably is what we’re doing to our natural environment .. ". That claim followed his " .. some of us were saying 20 something years ago that if we didn’t tackle these issues you would see ever greater conflict over scarce resources and ever greater difficulties over drought, and the accumulating effect of climate change .. " (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-charles-climate-change-to-blame-for-terrorism/news-story/409c6a0191b9dcbd028d07a1d697928f).
The UN's annual CACC party kicked off this morning in Paris with speeches from leading delegates at the 21st "Conference of the Parties" (COP21). The organisers couldn't have chosen a more appropriate individual than the UK's heir to the throne to present the keynote speech to this fossil-fuelled gathering of propagandists - scaremongers who are using the unfounded CACC hypothesis to pursue agendas far removed from taking over Nature's job of controlling the different global climates.
Here are some extracts from those few minutes of Prince Charles's scaremongering opinions on CACC, with footnotes for anyone who might be misled by his "pearls of wisdom".